Friday, December 25, 2009

Baked Oatmeal


I want to like oatmeal so bad. I know it's healthy and it's not disgusting, yet I don't really enjoy eating it...until now! I found a recipe for baked oatmeal that let's me enjoy the healthy benefits of this breakfast treat.
Below is the basic recipe, but you can add anything you like to it- Fruit, nuts, peanut butter, honey, etc.

2 1/4 cups Old Fashioned Quaker Oats, uncooked
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/3 fat free milk
1/2 cup liquid egg substitute or 2 eggs lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In one bowl, combine oats and granulated sugar. In another bowl, combine milk, eggs, vanilla and brown sugar. Add oat mixture to wet mixture and mix well. Dump the concoction into the baking dish and throw it in the oven for about 45 minutes. Let it cool and eat up, wiseguys.

No comments:

Post a Comment