Sunday, December 20, 2009

Holiday Treats!

This year I decided to make holiday treats to give as gifts instead of buying gifts. Below are a couple of the baked goods I put in each package...


WHITE PEPPERMINT SNOWBALLS
This is a semi-homemade recipe that is easy as pie...or cookies
1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough (room temp)
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (I actually skipped this step)
1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
1 cup powdered sugar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Break the dough up and put it in a mixing bowl along with 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar, crushed peppermint candies and the peppermint extract. With an electric mixer, or your hands ( I found the mixer to be messy so I used my manos), combine all the ingredients until dough forms. Roll dough in small balls and place on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake about 10 mins and let them cool slightly but not completely. Dip the still warm cookies into the remaining powdered sugar, shake the excess and put on a cooling rack. Once they are cool, they are ready to enjoy



DOCTORED UP BROWNIES
Once again, a semi-homemade dessert. All you have to do is take some brownie mix and add whatever you want-
I made 2 different batches.
In the first batch I added white chocolate chips, chopped walnuts and dried cranberries.
In the second batch I added chocolate chips, chopped walnuts and shredded coconut.



SUGAR COOKIES
I got this recipe from my good friend, Stacie. They taste just like Cookies By Design cookies and are super addictive.
Mix:
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Beat:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream.

Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well. Roll onto a floured surface and use cookie cutters of your choice. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. You can eat them as is or decorate them with icing, frosting, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment