Sunday, March 25, 2012

Salami and Apricot Scones


This is going to sound kinda gross, but I promise you it's delicious. I saw the recipe on Giada at Home on Food Network and I was intrigued. The way I look at it is, I love salami and dried apricots together on a cheese plate, so why wouldn't they be delicious in a flaky scone? You can make the scone dough from scratch, but why bother when there are some great mixes out there. I actually got an apricot scone mix at Gelson's. I followed the directions on the box, but instead of 3/4 cup of water, I added 3/4 cup of buttermilk. It comes with dried apricots, but I added my own as well to give it that extra tang, about 1/4 cup. Then I diced up some salami into very little bite-sized pieces and added them to the mix. I then added a teaspoon of dried thyme and a teaspoon of dried rosemary. Then spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and follow the directions on the box to bake. It's a sweet and savory treat that's surprisingly tasty!

2 comments: