Monday, October 29, 2012

All Bark and Lots of Bite

Chocolate bark is about the easiest thing you can make. You can do it up for any holiday or occasion. I just made some for a Halloween party and it took less than 15 minutes. First, decide what kind of chocolate you want to use. I used dark chocolate for one and white chocolate for another. Here's what I did: For the dark chocolate bark, I melted 2 dark chocolate bars. You can use pretty much any brand of chocolate you like, you can even use chocolate chips. For this one, I used 2 bars of Godiva chocolate. I put them in a bowl in the microwave and melted it, then I lined a baking sheet with wax paper and poured the chocolate on top of it, spreading it out (not too thin or it won't break right)- Then i put gummy worms on top and some Halloween-colored sprinkles to make it look spooky. I popped it in the freezer for 15 minutes, took it out and broke it apart. For the white chocolate bark, I did exactly the same thing, but instead of gummy worms, I put candy corns and the same Halloween-colored sprinkles on top. This is a fun dessert treat to make with kids. You can put any topping on it you want. It's like making your own candy bar. It's hard to see the gummy worms in this photo, but trust me, it looks great and tastes even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment