Saturday, April 14, 2012

You Triflin', Good For Nothing Type Of Brotha

Who doesn't love a good trifle? Trifles are fun because you can mix and match them any way you want. I had all this lemon flavored stuff left over, so I decided to whip up a lemon trifle. Here's how I did it: Bake a cake! I just used a ready made lemon cake mix. After you bake it, let it completely cool. I had some lemon frosting, lemon pudding, lemon curd and coconut to throw in it, as well. If you have a trifle bowl, then use that. If not, a big clear bowl will work (you want it to be clear so you can show off all the layers). Start buy tearing up the cooled cake and putting it on the bottom of the trifle bowl. Then put a layer of pudding, a layer of lemon curd and a layer of coconut. Next put a final layer of cake and end it with lemon frosting and a sprinkle of coconut. This would be delish with strawberries or blueberries but I didn't have any so it is a fruitless trifle. Also, I didn't have a ton of frosting or lemon curd, so I could only do one layer. Most trifles are 2-3 layers. Be creative with your trifle. There are very few combos that won't taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment