Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hoppy Easter!!!

I love Easter because I love Easter candy and desserts. Last year I found a recipe for Peeps pie and I decided to spruce it up a bit this year. We had an office party and there were a ton of Peeps left over, so I took them home and made a pie and chocolate dipped Peeps.

PEEPS PIE
All you need is a ready made pie crust (chocolate or graham cracker- I used graham cracker for this one), a couple boxes of whichever color Peeps you like (we had the largest quantity of pink, so I used those), chocolate chips and shredded coconut.
You can really run with this any way you'd like. Here's what I did: I layered the bottom of the graham cracker crust with chocolate chips and threw it in a 350 oven until it was melted. I used a spatula and spread out the melted chocolate. Then, I sprinkled shredded coconut over the warm, melted chocolate. I then took the pink Peeps and threw them in the microwave for about 40 seconds (or until pretty melted- They will lose their Peep shape and the color will get swirly with white). Then, I just poured the marshmallows over the pie crust, topped it with different colored Peeps and let it set. Super easy and there are so many variations. Last year, I believe I used a chocolate crust and layered it with chocolate and peanut butter before putting the Peeps on top. Have fun with it. It's pretty much a s'more in pie form so go crazy!


CHOCOLATE COVERED PEEPS

This is a no-brainer. All you do is melt a bag of chocolate chips, dip the Peeps in the mixture and let it set on wax paper. I had some purple rock sugar, so I sprinkled that over the chocolate on the purple Peeps. I also had some shredded coconut leftover, so I sprinkled that on the chocolate that covered the bunny Peeps. Peeps on their own are kinda gross, but if you doll them up, they aren't half bad.

1 comment:

  1. Chef Stacey you are correct about last years Peep Pie. It did have peanut butter and was delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete