Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookies With Pecans and Coconut


This gem came to me in Ralphs as I was shopping for ingredients. I saw a box of Pillsbury Dark Chocolate Chunk cookie mix and it caught my eye. All I needed was 1 egg, 1/3 cup oil and 3tbs of water and I was set...if I wanted to be boring. I racked my brain trying to think of what delicious additions could go into these cookies and then it came to me. Pecans and shredded coconut. So I start making the cookies per the directions on the box. Super easy, just combine the cookie mix with all the ingredients mentioned above. Once that was done, I added 1/2 a cup of pecan chips (they are smaller then chopped pecans) and 1/2 a cup of shredded, sweetened coconut. The batter smelled so good, I almost sat on my couch and gobbled it right up. I dropped rounded teaspoons of batter on an ungreased baking sheet (smash them down a bit or they will be poofy cookies as I learned with my first batch) and put 'em in my 375 degree oven for about 10 mins. After they were done baking, I took them out of the oven and quickly transferred them to a cooling rack (HIGHLY recommend getting one of these for baking. Helps the bottoms crisp up. You can get them at like Bed, Bath and Beyonce or Target).
Now I am sitting here 3 cookies in, drinking Throat Coat tea because my throat feels like a porcupine is hibernating in it, blogging about the recipe and watching Leave It to Lamas like a creep.

This just in: I burned my thumb and index finger on my right hand pretty bad picking up a chocolate chunk that got away from one of the cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment