Monday, October 19, 2009

Fat Doesn't Make You Fat, Sugar Makes You Fat!


Truer words have never been said. Maybe that's being a bit dramatic, but it's a sentence that is etched into my brain. It came from the celebrity trainer, Jackie Warner. I remember her saying it on her reality show, WORK OUT, one day and I have never forgotten it. She said nothing you put in your mouth should have more than 9 grams of sugar in it.
I don't have a new recipe today, but I figure food/recipe tips are just as exciting. If you must know, I heated up 4 Trader Joe's black bean and cheese taquitos for dinner and topped it off with 2 watermelon spears and 4 pieces of black licorice. I just wanted to share the wealth and let everyone know if you are trying to lose weight and/or be a healthier human, the first thing you should do is cut down on your sugar intake...unless you smoke crack. Then you should probably take care of that problem first because as Whitney Houston so eloquently put it, crack is whack.

3 comments:

  1. Carbs too. They lead to fat if they're not burned off. Good to eat a lot of fiber with carbs, to balance it out and make big poops.

    -Darren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why you gotta ruin my "sugar makes you fat" post though? Hahahahahaha. Thanks lil brother!

    Sincerely,
    Henry the neighbor

    ReplyDelete