Friday, October 30, 2009

A Salad So Easy, A Caveman Could Make It

I don't have a picture for this one, but I made a fresh and easy salad for our Halloween potluck today and it was a huge hit so I thought I'd share the wealth.
Sooooo simple. Corn kernels, cherry tomatoes cut in half, chopped scallions, diced avocados, a pinch of salt and pepper, olive oil to coat the ingredients and fresh squeezed lime juice from one lime. Just mix all the ingredients together and ta-da, you are done. I didn't put measurements (cups, tablespoons, etc) because you can make as little or as much as you want. It's very light and super tasty. Here's the crazy part...I kinda made up this recipe because they were flavors/ingredients I thought would taste good together. I was perusing the recipe section of the Martha Stewart website (so?) and pretty much that exact recipe was on there!!!! I felt so smart, and extremely pretty for some reason.
Have a happy Halloween boys and ghouls!

No comments:

Post a Comment