Sunday, October 25, 2009

Whole Wheat Pasta With Broccoli and Chicken


I have a secret I'd like to share with everyone. Whole wheat/whole grain pasta tastes the same as regular pasta. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true. Not only does it taste the same, but it's better for you because it is not made with white flour. Humor me and give whole wheat pasta a whirl. If you find you don't like it as much as regular pasta, or not at all, you can punch me in the baby maker.
I was lazy today so I made a simple dish using some leftover chicken I had in the fridge.
First I boiled some whole wheat Rotini (you can use whatever pasta you like. Oh and add a pinch of salt to the pasta water to season it up a tad). While the pasta was cooking, I added chopped broccoli to the pot to make it fork tenderoni (If you add it to the same pot as the boiling pasta, it saves a step and an extra pot). Once the pasta and broccoli were done, I drained it, put it back in the pot and added my chopped chicken that I had leftover. I mixed in olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, a clove of smashed garlic and a bit of pasta seasoning from Trader Joe's. I plated it up and sprinkled fresh Parmesan cheese on top and ate it under 5 minutes. The great thing about this dish is you can eat it hot or cold.
Sorry the photo of this one isn't a bit clearer. I uploaded it after I ate it so I couldn't take another one. Sorry for your luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment